Responsible for buying the best quality equipment, goods and services, at the most competitive prices, to enable BCB a Cardiff based manufacturer to operate as competitively as possible. Includes supply chain management and procurement, including importing items.
Through effective negotiation, networking and SAGE computer monitoring, to help BCB save money, improve sustainability, reduce risk management and control our products quality and regulatory compliance.
As our assistant buyer you will need to:
· Review our SAGE computer regularly to find out and even forecast levels of raw materials and finished products we need to buy;
· Keep a constant check on stock levels;
· Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
· Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
· Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers;
· Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided;
· Liaise with our accounts and reconcile invoices;
· Keep contract files and use them as reference for the future;
· Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities;
· Supply chain management
· Produce reports and statistics using computer software especially EXCEL;
· Evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors;
· Ensure suppliers comply with our quality and regulatory objectives;
· Attend meetings and trade conferences;
Knowledge of SAGE and IT generally is required. Knowledge of Excel is desirable.
Salary £16,000 to £20,000 depending on experience. Training will be given.